The Managing God's Money letter: Introduction
Before 2013, Michel A. Bell published quarterly letters covering several topics he believed were helpful for the Christian to carry out his and her biblical stewardship role. As well, he wrote the Christian Financial Advice blog,
on average, twice monthly. His letters and blog covered a range of household finances, macro economic, small business, and time management matters.
Starting 2013, Michel will produce periodic topical letters, primarly dealing with Christian financial management tips and tools
. We pray you will find helpful.
-August 2013 - Funding Post Secondary Education: Student Loans Alternatives
In Canada and the United States, governments provide tax-efficient means for parents to save for students? post secondary education (later called college education). Fifty percent of Canadian parents save for their children?s college education. In the USA, sixty percent of students borrow to attend college. According to a recent study of young adults between 22 and 32, more than half financed their education with student loans. Fifty-four percent say debt is their biggest financial concern with 42% calling it ?overwhelming.?
Many parents expect children to use student loans to fund college education. Several of these parents argue that children work harder and do better when they pay their own education costs. [...]
-Winter 2011 - Christian Financial Advice: 10th Anniversary Letter
In December 2001, encouraged by a few church brothers, and after prayer, I wrote my first Christian financial advice quarterly letter. Ten years and 40 letters later, I am writing the last...at least, for now.
Much changed in this time. About eighteen months ago, I wrote my first article for Technorati.com. Later, I submitted articles to EzineArticles.com. To date, my content on the first site deals with macro economic and pseudo-political matters, and on the second, personal household finances. I will continue writing for these sites, until the Lord shows me otherwise. [...]
-Fall 2011 - Christian Financial Advice: Money; Key To Happiness?
Have you noticed that happiness is in vogue? An industry has developed about happiness. People pay to join groups to laugh...yes, to laugh. Then again, many people strive to get money because they believe it is the key to happiness. They run ahead of God to borrow or gamble to try to get what they want. [...]
-Summer 2011 - Christian Financial Advice: Beware; It's God's Money
Budgeting is a vital discipline to help handle lifestyle choices with minimum stress: needs, wants, and greed nature. Do nott spend without reference to a budget.
-Spring 2011 - Christian Financial Advice: Gold; Speculative Investment, Primed To Fall?
Expenses rise to meet current and expected income, unless Jesus is in charge of your life. Ask Him to take control.
Work is a gift from God [...]
Investing in gold epitomizes speculation. Gold has no intrinsic value. Essentially, its market price rises on fear--primarily anxiety over inflation and currency devaluation--and falls as the herd rushes to sell, and by greed. [...]
- Winter 2010 - Christian Financial Advice: Did The Prosperity Gospel Cause The Great Recession?
- Fall 2010 - Time Management: Apply The Destination Principle As You Go
- Summer 2010 - Christian Financial Advice: Retirement isn't Biblical
- Spring 2010 - Christian Financial Advice: Lessons From The Great Recession
- Winter 2009 - Christian Financial Advice: Ten market-Driven Money Myths
- Fall 2009 - Budgeting: Who Needs a Spending Plan?
- Summer 2009 - Christian Financial Advice: Are Some Businesses Too Big To Fail?
- Spring 2009 - Christian Financial Advice: Market Uncertainty: Lessons from 2003
- Winter 2008 - Christian Financial Advice: Seven Tips to Ride Out The Recession
- Fall 2008 - Christian Financial Advice: Get Ready; The Recession is Here!
- Summer 2008 - Time Management: GPS Project Analysis
- Spring 2008 - Christian Financial Advice: Subprime Update: Lesson from Japan!
- Winter 2007 - Biblical Stewardship: Twelve "I Wills" of Christmas
- Fall 2007 - Time Management: Is This Your Day?
- Summer 2007 - Biblical Stewardship: Watch out! Here Comes Another Vulture!
- Spring 2007 - Time Management: Do you Know your Personal Life Goal?
- Winter 2006 - Biblical Stewardship: Choosing a Financial Advisor
- Fall 2006 - Time Management: Psst! Do You Have A Minute?
- Summer 2006 - Biblical Stewardship: Life After Debt: Living the Debt Free Lifestyle
- Spring 2006 - Time Management: Busy But Enjoying Every Moment!
- Winter 2005 - Christian Financial Management Tips: 52 Money Saving Ideas
- Fall 2005 - Christian Financial Management Tool: Let's Write a Financial Plan!
- Summer 2005 - Biblical Stewardship: Don't Leave Home Without A Money Map!
- Spring 2005 - Biblical Stewardship: Borrowing Pre-empts God Wows!
- Christmas 2004 - Biblical Stewardship: Christmas Deals? Watch Out For Financing Baits!
- Fall 2004 - Biblical Stewardship: Yearly Financial Health Checkup
- Summer 2004 - Biblical Stewardship: The Debt Explosion ... Is There Hope?
- Spring 2004 - Christian Financial Management: The Family Council: Home Construction & Improvement
- February 2004 - Biblical Stewardship: RRSP Update: Are Your Retirement Plans In Place?
- Christmas 2003 - Lifestyle Management: Peace at Christmas
- Christmas 2003 - Lifestyle Management: A Pre Christmas Talk With Jesus
- Fall 2003 - Lifestyle Management: Become Debt Free!
- Summer 2003 - Lifestyle Management: The Slow Burn Principle - 7 Signs You Have Drifted Unwittingly Into Debt - Reversing the Drift
- February 2003 - Lifestyle Management: RRSP Special: Repaying Debt or Investing in an RRSP?
- Christmas 2002 - Lifestyle Management: Hope Fulfilled at Christmas
- Christmas 2002 - Lifestyle Management: 7-Step Christmas Program, 7-Point Christmas Covenant, 7-Christmas Gift Ideas
- September 2002 - Lifestyle Management: Your Credit May Be Too Good?
- June 2002 - Lifestyle Management: The Capital Fund: Paying for Major Purchases, and Children's Education Without Going into Debt
- March 2002 - Lifestyle Management: The Cost of Debt: The Savings & Investing Decision
- Christmas 2001 - Biblical Stewardship: Start Planning for Christmas in January